Lincoln Community Hospital is seeking a mission driven Health Information Management Director/ Coder to lead our HIM team. This position entails the following:
· Developing operating procedures and managing processes for medical record reconciliation with patient admission and discharge,
· Record analysis for deficiencies and completion of deficiencies,
· Scanning paper records into the electronic medical record,
· Managing dictated and transcribed documentation,
· Managing forms and admission packets, managing release of information procedures
· Managing medical record retention and destruction according to established guidelines or procedures.
· Reviews, interprets, codes and abstracts medical record information into diagnostic and procedural codes (ICD 10 cm and CPT) to maintain accurate databases, for reimbursement, and for reporting as required.
· Lead, manage and educate staff to ensure a supportive & challenging workplace atmosphere.
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) credential required. Experience a plus but we are excited to discuss this position with graduates as well.
LCH is a small, rural, critical access hospital and care center which also boasts three provider based clinics, one walk in clinic, a specialty clinic with sixteen travelling specialty providers, full therapy services, behavioral health and a home health and hospice agency. We are the very definition of integrated healthcare in small community setting.
Community, culture and a mission driven environment set us apart from any place you have ever worked before- Let us tell you about all of the benefits our team members enjoy including GREAT wages, a family atmosphere, 24 paid time off days per year, Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, Retirement, tuition reimbursement and even a discount on your cell phone service! EOE | Pre-employment drug testing required.