111 6th Street * PO Box 248
Hugo, Colorado 80821
(719) 743-2421 * Fax# (719) 623-2786
|POSITION:||Director of Finance|
|DATE WRITTEN:||01/16/2018||DATE REVISED:|
Director of Finance under the direction of the CFO oversees the day to day operation of the organization’s operational finances including, but not limited to, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Receivable, General Ledger, Budgets and Financial and Statistical reporting.
Director of Finance works closely with the other financial staff and operational leadership and reports directly to the CFO.
Lincoln Community Hospital and Nursing Home is a 15-bed Critical Access Hospital co-located with 35-bed Long Term Care Unit. The facility employs 150-200 employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible under the guidance of the CFO for the development and maintenance the operational and capital budget and related processes.
- Responsible for preparation and presentation to the CFO of the monthly financial reporting package.
- Responsible for Grant and Donations accounting, reporting and reconciliation.
- Will be an essential resource involved various system implementations and upgrades that impact the financial systems and operation of the facility.
- Ensure that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on regular basis.
- Responsible for the monthly Cash Reconciliation.
- Responsible overseeing the bi-weekly processing of Payroll to include balancing and all related filings and paperwork.
- Responsible completion within guidelines of allocation calculations between the Hospital and Care Center.
- Responsible for the gathering of data for and communication with the Auditors and Cost Report preparers (Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports)
- Responsible in conjunction with the CFO and others for the development and maintenance all finance policies and procedures.
- Be the repository for and maintenance of all operational and financial contracts.
- Attends meetings and represents the facility and department as designated or needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the CFO.
Payroll and Accounts Payable personnel will be supervised by the Director of Finance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
College degree (Bachelors preferred) in Accounting or Finance or five years related experience ideally developed in a Healthcare setting.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common Healthcare journals, financial reports, information sources and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from staff, leaders, regulatory agencies or a member of the board. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to public groups and/or boards of directors.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent computer skills with strong Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. Familiarity with a wide range financial accounting software programs would be beneficial.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, kneel, and stoop. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
MEASURES OF EFFECTIVENESS
The indicators of proficient performance in this position is to carrying out all the items specified in the “Essential Duties and Responsibilities” as listed above. The CFO has the right to add or change duties at any time.
I have read the above position description and fully understand the requirements. I hereby accept the position of Director of Finance and agree to abide by the requirements and will perform all duties and responsibilities to the best of my ability.
|Human Resources Signature||Date|